All premises should be equipped even with the most basic of security. IP CCTV (Internet Protocol Closed Circuit Television) is is a digital video camera that records live footage. It uses your WiFi to send you notifications wherever you are.
Here are a few key advantages to using an IP camera system:
- Accessibility: If you are connected to the internet, you can access your surveillance cameras anytime, anyplace. IP video surveillance allows users to views the feed from their cameras from any computer or mobile device that is connected to the web.
- Resolution: Grainy and blurry videos are a thing of the past. High definition IP cameras allows for unbelievable zoom-in capabilities with cameras now topping 30 megapixel resolutions eclipsing even the most advanced analog camera. IP cameras also offer HD 1080p and even 4K resolution. When compared, any analog resolution basically looks out of focus.
- Storage: No more disks or VHS tapes. With IP video surveillance, all footage is stored digitally. You can save and store as much footage as you wish if your hard drive permits it or you can store it in the cloud, which is becoming a more and more popular option.
- Video Sharing: You can not only view your footage from any device, but you can also send that video to anyone anywhere in the world. This cuts down investigation time in crucial situations.
- Low Maintenance: The digital age keeps doing away with excessive equipment. An IP video surveillance system cuts down the costs to the owner without the need of time-lapse video equipment, tapes, cataloging, etc.
- Flexibility: Every analog camera needs to be connected directly to the DVR. Multiple IP cameras (that are in the same general area) can be connected to the same single switch which is connected to the NVR (network video recorder) by one cable. You can also connect switch to switch to further amplify your amount of cameras and area being monitored. This reduces the amount of cabling when installing the system and also allows for more cameras to be connected seamlessly.
- PoE Switch: An IP video surveillance system that uses a PoE (power over Ethernet) switch enables your Category 5e or 6 cables to not only run the signal from your cameras, but also power the cameras as well. This eliminates the need for an additional power supply. Also, new IP cameras can reside on an already existing network.
Looking for a reliable CCTV installation company? Talk to us today on Mobile: 0798 284187 or